Welcome to our P7a class page.
We hope you enjoy reading all about what we have been learning in school.
Remember to keep up to date with our learning through our Blogs. To follow our class blog, please click on P7a in the Category section on the right hand side.
January – April 2017
We are working extra hard in the lead up to going to High School. Who can believe we will be going to High School this year!!!
This term we are working on lots of interesting topics, some of these are:
- We are creating our own Personal Project comparing 2 countries similarities and differences. We will present this to our peers.
- We are working on alegbra in maths which is challenging but fun!
- We are learning how to be good storytellers. We are using story maps, story hands and story sticks to help us remember the story. We are learning Tam O’Shanter and we are looking forward to telling our own version of it to some of our peers.
April – June 2017
This term we are going to be very busy getting ready to head to High School!
We will be working on lots of exciting topics this term. Some of these are:
- ‘Keeping Myself Safe’ with additional focus on drug and alcohol awareness.
- The ‘Roaring 20s’.
- Democracy – Learning about the Scottish Parliament and UK Government.
- In maths we will be working on Negative Numbers, Time & Data Handling.
- In literacy we are reading, as a class, the novel ‘Wonder’.
- And the most exciting part of this term is creating and producing our Primary 7 Show, which is Bugsy Malone. We can’t wait for you all to see it!
Reading homework will be given out weekly and the pupils should have their reading books with them every day.
Homework this term will be linked to our Bugsy Malone Show.