Welcome to Primary 4a!
We are looking forward to a very busy term. We have many exciting activities coming up:
- We will be reading ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ and completing many challenging but also fun activities related to the book. We will be learning about the characters, settings and the adventures that take place.
- We will be creating lots of art as well as inventing our own sweets and the machines to make them.
- We will be learning how to be good storytellers, using story maps and story sticks to help us.
- We will be attending swimming lessons, doing our daily mile challenge and being coached in rugby.
- We will also be doing outdoor learning for some of our activities.
Enjoy looking at our photographs and reading our blogs.
We enjoy choosing a selection of books to read.
We love learning how to play rugby with Ross the rugby coach. Even in the rain!
We have been outside learning about 2D and 3D shapes in the environment.
In maths this week I learnt about 2D and 3D shapes. I was able to find 2D and 3D shapes outside. I need to get better at counting vertices and edges. In writing I learnt about joining my letters and I need to get better at doing this. *Swimming *Shape booklets
I was able to draw a cuboid for Willy Wonka’s factory. I need to get better at drawing straight lines. This week in writing we made up our own Roald Dahl story characters. *Rugby *Gym.