OUR SUPERSTARS OF THE WEEK
KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE AT HERMIE
If your child is also experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 Coronavirus, we advise you get them tested by getting in touch with http://www.nhsinform.scot or by calling 0800 028 2816.
The symptoms of Coronavirus are:
- a new continuous cough and/or
- a fever/high temperature and /or
- a loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste
You must let the school know if your child is being tested for COVID-19. Your child and your whole household must isolate at home whilst you wait for the results of the test. You must then notify the school whether the test is positive or negative.
If the test is POSITIVE, your child must isolate for 10 days and your household for 14 days. The school will inform the Health Protection Team.
If the test is NEGATIVE, the child can return to school provided they are well enough and have not had a fever for 48 hours. The negative test must be shown to the school before your child returns. If your child is still unwell, then please follow the usual absence procedure.
If your child has had sickness or diarrhoea they must stay away from school for at least 48 hours.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
STAGGERED SCHOOL HOURS
If your child is in P1: 8.45am – 2.45pm (Mon – Thurs) 8.45 -11.50am (Friday)
If your child is in P2: 9am – 3pm (Mon – Thurs) 9am – 12.05pm (Friday)
If your child is in P3: 8.45 – 3.15pm (Mon – Thurs) 8.45am – 12.00 (Friday)
If your child is in P4: 9am – 3.30pm (Mon – Thurs) 9am – 12.15pm (Friday)
If your child is in P5: 8.45am – 3.15pm (Mon – Thurs) 8.45am – 12.00 (Friday)
If your child is in P5/6: 8.45am – 3.15pm (Mon – Thurs) 8.45am – 12.00 (Friday)
If your child is in P6: 9am – 3.30pm (Mon – Thurs) 9am – 12.15pm (Friday)
If your child is in P7: 9am – 3.30pm (Mon – Thurs) 9am – 12.15pm (Friday)
- Only parents/carers of pupils in nursery – P4 should enter the school grounds.
- Only ONE parent/carer should accompany your child/children at drop off.
- All adults are expected to remain 2 m apart at all times.
- We would ask that parents walk, scoot or cycle their child to the school gates if possible.
- Should you need to drive please park on a nearby street and not directly outside the school to ensure sufficient space for social distancing. Please do not park on the zig zag lines outside the school under any circumstances.
- Pupils/parents should arrive as near to their drop off/pick up time as possible. No earlier than 5 mins prior to their bell please and please do not remain in the playground at the end of the school day.
- Pupils should line up outside their entrance (noted below). School staff will supervise the pupils once they are in the school grounds.
- If parents/carers must remain in the grounds for a staggered drop off/pick up you MUST take responsibility for keeping your child with you at all times. Your child is not allowed to play with any child outwith their class/household. If you are finding it difficult to follow this rule within the school grounds please leave the grounds and return for the drop off/pick up time.
CONTACTING THE SCHOOL
Please do not enter the school building/visit the office unless your message is urgent. You will be able to contact staff through emailing the office on firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the office by phone. The answerphone will be checked throughout the day. It is vitally important that we have up to date emergency contact numbers and an email address. Please email the office if yours has changed.
If you, or someone you know, is struggling during this very difficult time we have gathered together a list of supports available. As we become aware of others we will update this page. Click Here
We have provided USEFUL WEBSITES which you may want to use while your child is at home, we will try to update this throughout the closure. Click Here
For medical information please see the NHS Scotland Website. Click Here
Why not try some of the recipes from our Hermie cookbook – see below?